Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Remembering Allahyarhamah Nurin

In two days I would complete my 25 Radiation Therapy sessions, which started on August 27 . Twenty sessions of photon radiation to my affected breast area and five"booster" sessions of electron radiation to the surgery scar area on the same breast. I had earlier planned to record what the treatment had entailed for me during the week, but got derailed from that plan as I was too much shaken by the latest disruption to hit our peace of mind - Nurin's fate. My eyes still well up in tears whenever the image of her lifeless face flashes across my mind. Like her parents, I was hoping we will find her alive. We did not.



I feel for her parents, for her entire family and for her close friends. I also feel for all the people who had known her(including the Pasar Malam folks) as they will eternally haunted by how her sweet, innocent life had been cruelly terminated by beings who should be wiped out of the face of this earth. If the beasts are caught and stoning to death is the sentence, I will be in the queue with a bagful of stones, that's for sure.


My experiences on Radiation Therapy can wait a while as I need to get these feelings of anger, sadness and despair dissipated and out of my system. I would like to convince myself she did not die in vain.


I don't know Nurin or her family, yet I get my tummy in knots thinking about how she must have suffered from that fateful evening in August right through her last breath four weeks later in September. Allah has mercy on her to not let the beasts continue with their deeds and decided to protect her by calling her back. Allah is all knowing and hard as it may be to come to terms with what had happened, especially for her family, things always happen for a reason.



Nurin sayang, you did not pass away in vain. So many before you had suffered similar fates because we are still struggling to make our country a safe(r) place. Insya Allah, because of you, an unfortunate 8 year old, other kids and adults will be made aware of how rampant this menace is and will use simple common sense to act and make sure similar incidences do not happen again. I hope you will forgive the people around you who could have stepped up to help and manage the situation better but did not. Rest in peace, dear sweet girl and semoga Allah mencucuri rahmat ke-atas roh mu. Al Faatihah.



6 comments:

Kak Teh said...

AlFatehah- Nurin will forever be in our prayers and our thoughts.

Hi&Lo said...

Azmi,

I fought back my tears and asked God 'Why' He couldn't protect her.

Beasts don't have a recognisable face. some of them look very decent and morally upright on the surface. That's why they are so successful in entrapping unawares. Such is life.

As Kak Teh said in her blog, "as if feeling the pain of her parents could lessen their pain." I hope the family find closure and healing.

God help us.

NURAINA A SAMAD said...

Al Fatihah for Nurin.

Azmi, hope you're feeling ok.
take care.
selamat hari raya aidilfitri!

Kak Teh said...

selamat hari raya to you , maaf zahir dan batin. Keep well.

Hi&Lo said...

Azmi,

Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri. Wish you mercy journeys and blessings.

Pls kirim salam to your dad.

Anonymous said...

Testing....I have successfully deleted my password from my mind...
hmmmm....the message says "this blog does not exist'!
Whaaa....t?? Just because I have not been updating it....?
Azmi