Saturday, July 7, 2007

Day 3 - Cycle 5 (07-07-07)

July 7 ( day 3 of cycle 5)

The side-effects are beginning to be apparent- the tiredness and fatigue. No mood to go out but forced myself to walk to the shops nearby to get the morning papers. By the time I got back to the house, I was tired and was ready to just sink into the sofa.

I had my usual breakfast of soft boiled eggs and toast, followed by the anti-nausea medication. I made sure I took some psyillium husks too and bananas in an effort to avoid another round of constipation as a result of the Emend. I rested while reading the papers. I wasn't really up to watching dvds, so listened to some Gamelan music to chill out.

I received a text from the Manager of the Nursing Home where my dad is at about 3 pm or so. My dad had complained of chest pains and although he was reluctant, Jenny arranged for him to be rushed to the hospital. My dad is now warded and is being supplied with oxygen as the doctor assessed that his heart is causing him to be breathless. He must be worried about me, and I feel really down that I couldn't zoom over as I would normally do to be with him. I passed the text on to my siblings here and have not heard back from them.

I spoke to Jenny and she said not to worry, she will arrange to have a nurse or one of her staff by my father 24 hrs. My dad does not like being in the ward alone, and in the past one will accompany him. I am not in a position to do so right now, and so are my siblings who have children and grandchildren to take care of. I told Jenny I should be fine and less sickly by day 5 and my friend RJ have offered to drive me whenever I need to go. I don't think I can drive the 2 hours to the hospital in my condition and I really appreciated her offer. It's incredible that at times like this, my friends are more receptive to the occassion than my own siblings and relatives. Is my family strange or what? I know better than to suggest anything as I get annoyed very easily if someone says the wrong things that shouldn't be said when it comes to family matters, especially involving parents.

I tried to speak to my dad on the phone but he couldn't hear me, so we exchanged sms via the carer's phone. He said not to worry and that I must take care of my health and get better soon. I told him not to worry about me as I have good doctors, and that he should relax and be tenang. He is still on oxygen and sound breathless, but he couldn't hear a thing I was saying. I pray hard that he will be fine, my sister and niece from the UK will be arriving the week of July 16 and we are planning a surprise for his 89th birthday on July 25.

Ya Allah, I seek your mercy and compassion to make me strong so that I can focus in getting myself feeling much better. Please grant me the faith to trust that the people looking after my father has your blessings to give him the best care he deserves so that he will be fine again. Thank you Ya Allah for listening to my prayers and doa. You are most compassionate and most merciful. Syukur Alhamdullillah.

No comments: