Wednesday, May 16, 2007

You Are Fat!

May 16 (Day 14 of Cycle 2)


Putri the Cat says: "Err....emmm....Acu Ijan is absolutely right.....and he means well......take it positively lah....okay Mama Mi...? If you are a cat like me, you can be really a cute thing the way you are now.....but......err...ehemm...you are not one of us....so ......perhaps....you need to watch out a bit during your feeding times, huh?"




Syukur Alhamdullillah this is another "Feel Good" day, almost like normal that I had the tendency to push myself. My brother who is visiting from Melaka, again communicated to me in sign language " Kak, Ami, you are very fat now!". It was a silent communication but it "sounded" to me loud and clear.....aah well, he is absolutely right. I will allow myself the weight gain as long as I don't start huffing and puffing running my regular activities. I will need to develop an exercise regime to maintain or lose but not to put on any more kgs.


I have begun to sort out some stuff that I will put out for the street garage sale this Saturday. They are all in boxes now, waiting for me to go through them again. Hopefully they will not end up back inthe cupboards or shelves! What a hoarder I have been, a lot of the stuff I hadn't used in years. I have given away, recycled and donated a lot of stuff but soon as I created some space, they were very quickly filled up again with new things. I have to be really strict and un-sentimental this time. And learn to detach myself from some of these possessions which are no longer important in the current scheme of things.


What a coincidence that Jalin Realty, a neighbourhood realtor is organising this "Street Garage Sale" as part of their Community project. Anyone in the neighbourhood can participate and they will do the publicity. A few of the households are participating and I thought I will join the crowd. I met up with one of their organisersand when she saw my place she exclaimed that I do have a lot of stuff , she thought I have a big family living in the house with me! Well, if you count my babies, yes, there are 4 of us!


Going back to what my brother said this morning, YES I HAVE PILED ON SOME WEIGHT!! I can only positively hope that while the WMDs attack any cancerous cells, there will be lots more good cells left behind for me to work on (ie exercise, pilatise, yoga-ise). Quite a few of the work clothes in my wardrobe look like they belong to someone else, someone who is probably starving to death. It is really a scary moment to try and get into some of these clothes, and it has just been 2 years! While in Melaka, I wear a lot of drawstring pants at home and baju kurungs for social occasions and when going out. These styles do not tell you when your gebu-ness increases.


Never mind. At the moment, as long as I exercise some restraint and make sure the weight does not pile up in an unhealthy fashion, then I should be thankful that there is a little bit of flesh to buffer me against the impact of the WMDs. And slowly but surely as I go through the treatments, I need to get my exercise program started and fit them in according to my energy levels before plain laziness creeps in. It has been noted that a good exercise program will help towards keeping cancer from recurring, Insya Allah. Not a prevention but a factor towards reducing the possibility of a recurrence.


I am not eating excessively, in fact I eat less sugary stuff now and very particular about the fats I use now. Perhaps it is the slowing down and less energy consumption (simply because there was just not much energy sometimes) that is also slowing down my metabolism. And of course, it is the fact that I am menopausal where with everything else being equal, a woman would typically gain some weight.



Some people I spoke to mention that it is quite common to put on some weight during chemo, It is them steroids, they said! Well, I don't mind being chemo-cuddly as long as I feel good during the treatment and as long as I will be able to get back to my normal healthy weight range after treatment, Insya Allah!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

You sound so positive, Azmi...glad with it. Take things one at a time. Set the priority..at the moment you've got it right so hang on to it...

Street Garage Sale ye? Interesting? Where is it located ya?

Hi&Lo said...

Azmi,

Thanks for your kind words abt me in your last thread. Thank you for accepting me.

You are really an angel to me challenging me to think a few notches higher. All my messages are a mirror of yourself as I see it.

I wished I could visit you but am across the ocean. But never mind the distance, we are connected in spirit.

And I must also thank Nuraina Samad for thru her blog I found you.

Azmi said...

Raden...the garage sale is not really on the street..thank God!
Participants just need to put the stuff for sale in their front porch and interested parties will drop in. We have been advised to lock up our houses as it seems there are such beings as "proffessional garage sale thieves" (how about that) who come in a group of say 3 or 4 and while a couple distract you, the others will go in to selongkar your house! Like this I will need bouncers, man, it will be hard to manage alone. But I have one foot in it already so I will still proceed lah. It is in Hartamas Jlns 10,11,12,1,14,15,16. Only 2 houses in my street participating and I think about 9 others in the other streets. I hope I won't end up shopping for stuff from my neighbours's sales instead of clearing my own! Anything can happen from 9-12 on a Saturday morning!

Azmi said...

Hi & Lo..yes, thanks to Nuraina. I just realise she has a blog, a seasoned blogger too. Oh My God. It is a beautiful blog. A feel good blog, like Kak Teh's!