Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Two Days before Cycle 4!

June 12 (Day 20 of Cycle 3)

How Time flies....it will soon be the 4th cycle meaning I will be 2/3 done with
chemotherapy. I have mixed feelings this time-a can't wait for it to be done and an "Oh, God, will there be new surprises for me to manage this time" feelings. I keep reminding myself that the Almighty gives us challenges that are normally within our capacity to handle. If we have faith and stand upright to face those challenges.


The dentist's appointment list is full today so I have booked an appointment for Wednesday June 13(tomorrow) to see her regarding my blisters/sores in my mouth. It felt as though my gums are affected as well. Could it be due to too much chewing of meat or this is something that is "due" as well whether or not I chew meat. It will be interesting to see what she can find out on what's happening in my mouth and what she will recommend to ease the painful sensation whenever I tried to eat and swallow food and drink.


The gastric pains have completely disappeared but I continue to drink horlicks as my drink for breakfast, mid-morning, at tea-time and after dinner. I hope the pains will forget about me and not pay me a visit again. Obviously avoiding hot, spicy and acidic food has helped together with the medication provided by my Onco. I just have to make sure that I am not tempted by spicy food again until after all the treatments are over.


The bum is still sore each time after bowel movement and that is beginning to worry me. It is no fun when both ends of the digestive system is hurting. It may be my imagination but I thought I spotted blood and that is not good. Especially since I need to preserve whatever blood I produce in my body to be at a healthy level. The psyillium husks and Fibrecleanse help to ease bowel movement but it seems something is amiss with the passageway (to put it delicately) that it feels like there is a cut or tearing that is so painful. I am at my pre-chemo high-energy phase right now and even then it doesn't seem to heal, what more when I have the FEC WMD drugs coursing in my system and blocking all cell renewal and repairs during the first week post chemo starting tomorrow.


I blush just to think of how I was going to explain this to my Onco DDIW. But I need to and I hope it is nothing serious. My mind is getting rather creative and I really need to put it at ease that this is again something temporary like all the other side effects. If it means I have to go on liquid diet to sort it out, I will be more than willing. Anything to get rid of the discomfort.


My right (chemo arm) is still stiff and hurting although massaging it 3X a day with minyak gamat and nutmeg oil has helped to loosen the tight feeling along my forearm and elbow. I hope there will be a good vein to use for Thursday's 4th chemo cycle.


I must say I am getting used to all the pains and am able to function normally and run my usual routine. I do need to remind myself though that I must not take all these pains for granted and wave them aside. It is so easy to be positive and tell myself that these are temporary and "that will also pass", However, if these turn out to be "messages" from my body which is trying to tell me something and I have ignored them, then I will have myself to blame should it be the tip of an iceberg of something more serious.


Other than all that, life goes on as usual. I am pursuing my personal projects and keeping active when the energy level is high, careful not to get into scraps and falls due to my accident-prone nature. I have not started teaching my helper/assistant Basic Beginners English yet other than the customary greetings and names for things in the kitchen( I will need to get a workbook for her if she is really serious about learning) Instead I have been picking up a lot of Indon words!

No comments: