Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Tomorrow Is D-Day for Cycle 4!

June 13 (Day 21 od Cycle 3)



Tomorrow is D-Day for Cycle 4, which means 2 more to go, yahoo! Soon, Insya Allah, all the cycles will be over. Let's hope we can find a good vein tomorrow.









Mama Mi temporarily re-united with Putri, Boy Troy and Ashley (with head in catfood bin) while in Melaka recently.

Says Putri: "Well, Mama Mi, handle the next few cycles well, ok. Now that your helper is here, you can ship us back to KL once your treatments are over, so that we can sharpen our claws against that ooh so scratcheable, lovely sofa of yours, is it still there or have you written if off to some junkyard? Or better still, come back here and live in kampung, so you can see Atuk everyday. Also now he wants to come back and stay at home. He is very worried about you, you know......we quite like it here actually, all the birds and the bees and the other day even a snake or two, according to Acu! And the fruit season's just around the corner, with rambutans flowering and young mangoes slowly emerging...! And durians if anybody is brave enough to venture to the now quite neglected dusun, where wild boars have been spied!"


-end-



I went to the Dentist (also in the same medical center so she is aware of my chemo treatment regime) to check on the painful blisters and sores in the mouth. She spotted the location and mentioned that for now she can prescribe Gengigel to apply on the blister( about 4mm wide at the base of the tongue near my gums) and a Gengigel gargle after meals. The Gengigel prescription contains something called hyaluronic acid which helps in healing in mouth and oral tissues.




However she says I need to change my toothpaste as my gums are showing signs of receding and Sensodyne is better than Oral B to manage that so they won't get worse. All the chewing of fibrous greens, fruits and meat does have a toll on the gums. She reassured me that the prescription will not interfere or clash with the chemo regime, especially since tomorrow I will have more chemo drugs pumped into me.



I will be seeing my Onco tomorrow after the pre-chemo blood test. I hope my wbc is at least 4.0 ( it has been declining since the first cycle of 6.8, then 6.4, and the last was at 5.4). My interim chemo wbc was even worse-2.8, 2.4 and the last was at 1.8. I am taking lots of stuff to boost and hopefully the reading will not get any lower. Tonight, dinner is pasta with bolognese sauce, teaching my helper to cook something "foreign". Hopefully the lean ground beef sauce, and the dates I have been munching all day will translate to a good blood count tomorrow.

No comments: