Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Day 13 - Documents, Documents, Documents

June 26 (Day 13 of Cycle 4)


Well, today is Day 14 as Day 9 was on June 22 when I had my interim blood count. I took Vik to the Bank nearby (we walked) to open a joint-account so that she can bank in her first pay. The staff at the bank were so helpful, we just sat and read up their brochures while they did everything for us. All they needed was my MyKad and Vik's passport. It was quick and soon she has her own passbook which I told her I would keep for safe custody.


My friend UZUN and her poisoned son joined me for lunch at home. Lunch was kerabu kacang botol, sup tulang with carrots, fried tempe and sambal udang(wooops! I just sampled some for taste, it is more for the guest). My friend's son had food poisoning and was really contorted in pain ( also I think he needed attention from his Mum). He had been to the doctor's who gave him some tablets earlier in the morning and as there was no improvement, I suggested they go again for a second opinion. It was only recently that one of my nephews had severe tummy pains, my sis-in-law thought it was just that and gave him painkillers and a few hours later he was warded for appendicitis and had to undergo surgery.


UZUN happens to also be my Insurance Agent, so we took some time(while her son went to the doctor's again) to sort out my Insurance matters. I have papers all over my living room furniture trying to sort out what have been processed and what were outstanding. Being ill is one thing and having insurance is another. And even with insurance, if one is not organised enough, it will be so easy to lose track of what has been processed and not.


So far I have been very organised and systematic and my filing system for all the receipts and payments are up to date. I also maintain a running total of what I have incurred to date, what has been paid for by Insurance and what was for my own account (the co-payment). I have a bunch of payments unprocessed as I prefer to accumulate up to what the time constraint per policy terms can allow. I realise that one claim submitted has yet to be processed by the company and will require follow up. I felt annoyed that they did not acknowledge receipt of my submission, more than a month ago and will be exactly 2 months by July 7. I hope the package wasn't lost in transition even though it was hand delivered via my agent.


My appetite is back and so is my energy level. My digestive system seems fine but bowel movements still causing early morning woes. I hope this is not indicative of anything more serious. I am no longer constipated but bowel movements are painful and toe-curling. I experienced a throbbing headache on one side of my head and did not take anything for it as I was advised that I take paracetemol only upon doctor's advice and presription and not at my whim and fancy. Maybe it was due to the catching-up reading I had been doing as the prints on the books were really tiny, even with my reading glasses on.


Oh well, at least I am no longer nauseous and the bloaty feeling had truly gone. I continue with gentle massage on my chemo arm as I feel as though I am helping my body prepare for the next chemo cycle.


Kakak came last night and I had asked her about the black stuff that Vik found in my luggage closet at the top of the built in wardrobes in my bedroom. We agreed that it was a puzzle how the stuff ( which looks like black flakes of something, no smell, with a gritty feel) got up there as I had the top shelves cleaned up late last year before all the luggage bags were stored up there. She said "Kalau orang kampung jumpa macam ini boleh risau, dek. Tapi tak tahu lah orang KL....jangan buang dulu, nanti Kakak nak tanya orang".

The plot thickens. I had asked Vik (who discovered it when cleaning the louvres-like wardrobe doors) to collect the black dust and put it in a plastic container. I have absolutely no clue what it is and howit got up there. If I allow my imagination to really run wild, I could imagine that it might be dried cat poo? But my cats will not poo on any surface as they are used to using the litter tray. Even if I had been late with the litter tray they might, if desperate, choose to let go on my fluffy bathroom mat, never on a floor.


Besides, if it is cat poo, how on earth would either Ashley, Putri or Troy jumped 10 feet high, keep themselves suspended in mid-air to open the closet door (even I have to expend a lot of energy to pull the door open towards me and use a ladder) and then poo, jump out and push the door close? Troy can't even jump up onto the piano with one attempt what more a top closet 10 ft high? With my sharper than sharp sense of smell, I would have detected it ages ago if it had been possible that it was them. But my 6th sense tells me it is not cat poo as cat poo will not turn black, and how the h...would it get up there anyway? My cats are very special ( they really can understand me) but they don't have wings to fly!

It doesn't bother me as much as it is now bothering Kakak. But I certainly am quite curious to get to the bottom of this.

No comments: